- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 12 ounces penne, cooked al dente
- 1/4 pound thinly slices smoked salmon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound haricot vert, blanched and cut into 1/2-inch pieces Salmon
- Roe Fresh herb sprigs, garnish
1. Sauté onion in oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat to soften. Add chicken broth, wine, vinegar, heavy cream and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens and reduces by half. Remove sauce from heat, stir in lemon juice, zest and green onions.
2. Combine cooked pasta with 1/2 cup sauce, haricot vert and smoked salmon pieces in a medium skillet. Cook, stirring gently, over low heat to heat through.
3. Place pasta on serving plates. Pour remaining sauce evenly over pasta on plates. Garnish with salmon roe and fresh herbs.