- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (fingerling, banana), peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or butter
- 12 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped assorted fresh herbs such as (parsley, chervil, dill, chives)
- 6 poached eggs
1. Combine potatoes, salt and pepper in small bowl. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1/2 cup potato mixture to pan and cook until crispy and golden. Using spatula turn pancakes over, continue cooking until crispy. Transfer to a platter to keep warm.
2. Place egg yolks, salt, cayenne and lemon juice in blender. Drizzle melted butter in slowly, fold in herbs. Keep warm over a double boiler.
3. Place potato pancakes on serving dishes. Top each pancake with poached egg. Spoon hollandaise over eggs. Top each with several salmon slices, garnish with fresh herbs and serve.