- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas, cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 whole egg plus 1 yolk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound smoked salmon, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs such as (dill, parsley, chives)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup crème fraiche
- fresh dill sprigs, garnish
1. Combine peas, chives, egg, yolk, cream and flour in food processor or blender, process until smooth. Melt 3 tablespoons butter, add to pea mixture, process. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Use 1 tablespoon batter for each Blini. Cook both sides until golden around edges. Transfer to a platter to keep warm.
3. Combine smoked salmon, shallot, herbs, lemon juice, zest, capers and Dijon mustard in small bowl. Stir mixture gently to combine.
4. Place Blini on work surface. Top each with 2 teaspoons salmon Rillettes and a dollop of crème fraiche. Garnish with dill and serve.